MICONE Consulting Inc
Suite 300, 840-6th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 3E5
Copyright © MICONE Consulting Inc.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The Clean Fuel Regulations increase incentives for the development and adoption of clean fuels, technologies and processes. The goal of the Clean Fuel Regulations is to significantly reduce pollution by making the fuels we use every day cleaner over time. The Clean Fuel Regulations require liquid fossil fuel (gasoline and diesel) suppliers to gradually reduce the carbon intensity – or the amount of pollution. MICONE offers CFR Verification services.
Compliance credits can be created in three ways:
- Compliance Category 1: Undertaking projects that reduce the lifecycle carbon intensity of liquid fossil fuels (e.g., carbon capture and storage, on-site renewable electricity, co-processing);
- Compliance Category 2: Supplying low carbon fuels (e.g., ethanol, biodiesel); and
- Compliance Category 3: Supplying fuel or energy to advanced vehicle technology (e.g., electricity or hydrogen in vehicles).
A person making an application or submitting a report is required to have the application or report in question verified by an independent accredited third-party verification body in accordance with the regulatory requirements. MICONE offers CFR Verification Services.
MICONE is an Accredited GHG Verification and Validation Body and meets the requirements set out in the Clean Fuel Regulation (CFR). Please reach out to us for the verifications or quantifications for:
- Application for approval of carbon-intensity for low-carbon-intensity fuels, compressed and liquefied gases, hydrogen, or electricity
- Application for a temporary approval of carbon-intensity for low carbon-intensity fuels, compressed and liquefied gasses, hydrogen, or electricity
- Annual credit creation reports for CO2e emission reduction projects and for the supply of fuel(s) or energy sources to vehicles
- Quarterly credit creation reports for the production or import of eligible low-carbon-intensity fuel
- Quarterly credit creation reports for the supply of fuel(s) or energy sources to vehicles that relates to a low-carbon-intensity fuel
- Credit adjustment report for the production or import of eligible low-carbon-intensity fuel(s) or for the supply of fuel(s) or energy sources to vehicles that relates to a low-carbon-intensity fuel
- Carbon-Intensity Pathway Report
- Material balance report
- Compliance credit revenue report
- Compliance report
CFR- Clean Fuel Regulation
Energy, Environmental and Regulatory